Discovery+ to Stream ‘Unprecedented’ Docuseries From Alex Holder – The Hollywood Reporter

Discovery+ revealed on Wednesday that the streamer had purchased Unprecedentedthe three-part series from documentary filmmaker Alex Holder that caught the attention of the House Select Committee investigating the January 6 riot at the United States Capitol.

“Alex Holder’s ‘unprecedented’ three-part docuseries about the 2020 election will be released on Discovery+ later this summer,” a Discovery+ spokesperson said in a statement. The Hollywood Reporter Wednesday. The streamer touts that the series features “unseen footage of the Trump family on the campaign trail and their reactions to the election outcome” and features “unprecedented and intimate interviews with Trump, his family and others who were in the White House.” No release date was provided.

Discovery+ originally bought the rights to the docuseries in 2021. Deadline was first to report the news.

After announcement tuesday that raw footage from the docuseries had been subpoenaed by the House Select Committee, Holder himself is expected to testify before the committee investigating the attack on Thursday. In his announcement, Holder said the interesting footage relates to the final six weeks of Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign.

“When we started this project in September 2020, we could never have predicted that our work would ever be assigned by Congress,” Holder said in a statement. “As a British filmmaker, I had no agenda for this. We just wanted to better understand who the Trumps were and what motivated them to cling so desperately to power. and we cooperate fully.”

More soon.

Leave a Comment