Woman who fell to her death after Kenny Chesney concert at Empower Field at Mile High Stadium identified

Colorado authorities have identified the woman who plunged to death after Kenny Chesney’s concert in Denver.

Jimi Goodman, 48, died after falling from an escalator at Empower Field at Mile High Stadium in Denver, Colorado just before 11 p.m. on July 30.

Police say Goodman was sitting on the railing before he fell. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Denver Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed to the Post that Goodman’s cause of death was multiple blunt injuries. The manner of his death was considered an accident.

Goodman’s death left the country singer “devastated” as he released a statement following the sad news.

“I was devastated to learn of someone’s loss after our show,” the “American Kids” hitmaker told the Denver Post in a statement. “There had been so much joy, so much heart coming from the people of Denver last night – and to hear that is heartbreaking.”

“Life is precious. Sharing music brings us closer and this love we share makes us so much more. For the lady who came to share this love, there are no words. For the loss of her friends and his family, I cry with them and for them.

Empower Field at Mile High, where Chesney performed his “Here and Now” touring show, released a statement on Twitter after the tragedy.

“We extend our deepest condolences to the loved ones of the woman involved in the tragic incident at the end of Saturday’s concert at Empower Field in Mile High,” the statement read.

“There is nothing more important than the safety of our guests, and Stadium Management Company is in communication with the Denver Police Department as they investigate this unfortunate situation.”

The woman died after falling from an escalator after Kenny Chesney’s concert at Empower Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado.

Goodman’s death is the third fatal fall to occur at the stadium since 2015.

According to CBS News, Francisco Morales fell a level while trying to chase his windblown hat in 2015.

Another fan, Jason Coy, died in October 2016 when he slurred several stories during a Denver Broncos game. Coy’s family sued the stadium and the beer vendors before the case was settled.


Leave a Comment